Oven Liners, Racks, Bakeware, Knob Safety Covers And Other 23 Oven Accessories And Add-ons to Improve Your Baking Experience
The oven is a household appliance that we can easily do without during the day but cannot live when the guests are about to come. The parties and family dinners are festive events unless cooking is concerned. Much cooking! At that moment many hostesses dream about having a couple of ovens in order to cook faster. But this problem can be solved by optimizing the oven you already have with a couple of really effective oven accessories, which can turn a tiresome and sluggish cooking routine into fast activity. In this article, you will find many interesting items for an oven, which are designed with the idea of effective cooking. But first off, there is some advice on how you can combine cooking and oven accessories to enhance energy efficiency.
Table of Contents:
1) Preheating is energy-consuming. Do you remember an old wives tale that the oven should be preheated before baking? The truth is it should not, with perhaps some exceptions for batter and doughs;
2) Do not open the door often. If you want to check whether the meal is cooked, do not do it every 5 minutes. And never open the door when a fridge is open. It will double increase the energy consumption;
3) Cook much! This is not a joke, the experts recommend to fill the oven to its full capacity or even more. You can then microwave the leftovers, it will still be energy-saving than to cook foods in the oven again;
4) Use oven accessories to fill the appliance to its full capacity. For example, you can use a 3-level rack to bake cookies rather than to bake a single tray tree times in a row;
5) Turn the oven off 5-10 minutes before the food is finished. There is enough heat inside it to cook the meals till it's ready to eat.
Accessories, the small items that are normally underestimated, often determine oven performance. This may concern microwave as well as a standard oven. The market of oven accessories is rich and the majority of them can increase the efficiency of oven usage. Some of them are also helpful in a sense of energy preservation.
When it is 10 minutes until the guests ring your door bell, the last thing you want to do is scrubbing the oven. Every household wants her kitchen to look attractive even after frying, baking or boiling tons of foods. It is impossible to avoid spills while cooking but this set of liners will make you less stressed. Enjoy cooking and let a nonstick liner be a protective shield from drips.
- Amazon rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars. Based on 392 customer reviews.
- Pros: large, can be cut to a needed size, set of 3 items, black, non-stick, can be used as baking mats, easy to clean.
- Cons: for electric ovens with no visible element only.
- Price: $14.95
A never failing liner that works for every gas or electric oven regardless of how hot it is! It keeps an oven clean from grease drips and spills, which are so difficult to get rid of. It will save you much time and energy, which is normally spent on cleaning. Foil liner also gives you a chance to refuse from toxic chemicals.
- Amazon rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars. Based on 310 customer reviews.
- Pros: good for electric and gas ovens, right size, cleanable, excellent quality, sturdy, can be used as a baking pan.
- Cons: can't be used in microwaves.
- Price: $18.99
If you are looking for an item to keep your oven clean and attain an excellent look, this is the thing to buy! Cut a liner to get a required size. It resists heat up to 500 F, so the material is good for electric ovens. It can also be used in gas ovens, but it shouldn't be put on the bottom. It is dishwasher safe.
- Amazon rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars. Based on 189 customer reviews.
- Pros: easy to clean, flexible, can be easily cut, you decide on a size and number of liners.
- Cons: can't be put on an oven bottom.
- Price: $15.99
Normally, an oven is equipped with a thermometer and it is really convenient when the temperature shown is accurate. However there are complaints about thermometers that they are off by more than 60 °F. This is not a great problem for an oven-baked beef, while such a deviation can be crucial for an apple pie. In this case, it is always better to have a thermometer you can trust.
If you are a fan of the old school items, then you will find this thermometer lovely. There is nothing extra in design, no various features that can fail to function. It is quite large to see the degree numbers without getting too close to it. Among oven thermometers, this one is probably the most popular non-electronic thermometer on Amazon.
- Amazon rating: 4.1 out of 5 stars. Based on 2,735 customer reviews.
- Pros: good size, easy to install, works correctly, sturdy, made of stainless steel.
- Cons: slow to respond to temperature.
- Price: $5.74
If you like to be surrounded with various handy electronic devices that make your life easier, it's time to buy a digital infrared thermometer. It is fun to use it and it is great to keep every baked food under control. This thermometer is a nice tool for satisfying your curiosity.
- Amazon rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars. Based on 3,856 customer reviews.
- Pros: no contact required, instant respond, easy to use, works from batteries, target quickly, accurate, safe to use.
- Cons: anything with emissivity produces inaccurate reading.
- Price: $16.88
Another traditional thermometer your grandma might have used is this mercury-free little helper. It is of a good size with a large face that allows to easily read the degree references. Moreover, the markings are easily seen through a dark over window. If there are only marks in your oven, you might need this thermometer to know the exact temperature.
- Amazon rating: 3.6 out of 5 stars. Based on 196 customer reviews.
- Pros: good size, accurate, safe, mercury-free, made of stainless steel, dishwasher safe.
- Cons: slow to respond to temperature.
- Price: $10.02
The most dedicated cookers usually want to have every cooking process under control, including the temperature inside the meal that is being cooked and in the oven itself. If you are such a cooking fanatic, then this dual oven thermometer will make you happy. It is pretty accurate and is easy to read both faces, even the smaller one.
- Amazon rating: 3.8 out of 5 stars. Based on 96 customer reviews.
- Pros: good size, shows top and inside temp, accurate, east to read, silicone and heat-resistant grip.
- Cons: too heavy for smaller food items.
- Price: $9.99
An occasional cooker, who doesn't spend much time baking, stirring, grilling or boiling in the kitchen, might feel comfortable with a potholder, while an experienced chef would give preference to oven gloves or mitts. They are designed to protect hands, arms, and fingers from burns. There are no instructions needed, just put on an oven glove and feel safe when baking.
This set of 2 mitts is essential for a kitchen. Even if you are not about to use them often because of lack of time for cooking, they might be nice oven accessories to brighten up your kitchen. Once you decide to grab something really hot, you can always be sure your hands are softly and safely protected.
- Amazon rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars. Based on 2,572 customer reviews.
- Pros: good size, soft, comfortable to grab, multipurpose, can be used as a handle protection for pot handles.
- Cons: metallic coating wears off after washing, the rim may melt, they shrink after the washing.
- Price: $9.99
Extra long gloves do not imply you need to put your gloved hands deep into a volcano crater to feel their benefits. In fact, it is easy to burn your wrist when taking a baked turkey out of the oven. Once saved, your hands will never want to try other oven mitts on. The mitts are soft inside and protective outside. They are reliable oven add-ons to have in your kitchen.
- Amazon rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars. Based on 373 customer reviews.
- Pros: large, good quality, with trivet, soft inside, do not sweat inside, comfortable, well constructed.
- Cons: a bit bulky, might not fit fat hands.
- Price: $9.99
If you don't like how silicone material feels but you appreciated its heat-resistant properties, then oven mittens with silicone grip is what you may really functional. There is a non-slip heatproof silicone zone on a palm, while a mitt is made of thick cotton. This is a set of two gloves, each is equipped with a silver metal hook for easy storage.
- Amazon rating: 3.8 out of 5 stars. Based on 647 customer reviews.
- Pros: large, pleasant and convenient, good quality, can be washed in the washer, make of thick cotton.
- Cons: may tear at the seam, awkward grip.
- Price: $19.99
11) Oven Potholder
When there is no time for putting on gloves but you need to save the meal instantly, grab a potholder. The potholders belong to a never-fading timeless classics. They are soft, easy to grab, functional and protective. This set of 3 is a must-have for every cooker.
- Amazon rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars. Based on 2,574 customer reviews.
- Pros: excellent size, soft, easy to wash, convenient.
- Cons: may shrink after the washing, metal coating may wear off over time.
- Price: $6.99
When kids are in the house, safety is a crucial concern. Children are curious so they tend to discover every unknown object including those that can hurt or burn them. In this regard, baking turns into a troubling activity when mom is trying to pull a child from an oven while cooking something tasty for dinner. If you want to abort that unpleasant experience by using the tools to help you solve the existing problem, opt for really practical knob covers.
These 5 clear knob covers are designed to prevent children from playing with knobs. While the kids can not turn the knobs, thus to switch on the oven, there is still an easy access for parents. Moreover, a clear plastic material will nicely blend in any kitchen look.
- Amazon rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars. Based on 2,060 customer reviews.
- Pros: clear plastic, aesthetically pleasant, nice to touch, convenient, easy to install, functional.
- Cons: don't work on fat knobs.
- Price: $7.26
These knobs stoppers were created after a dog shredded a towel from a knob and switched on the gas. But they work great with kids, too. The locks look similar to swimming nose clips but do not try them on your nose. You'd better protect your stove from your pets and kids.
- Amazon rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars. Based on 2,060 customer reviews.
- Pros: work great for over-sized knobs, work excellent for animals, simple, elegant, functional.
- Cons: too long.
- Price: $9.99
14) Stove Guard
A stove guard enables a higher level of protections from kids' burns. If you want to be sure your little ones never touch a hot pan or a burner, you should opt for such a protective shield. You may use it only when cooking and fold it away when everything is done.
- Amazon rating: 3.2 out of 5 stars. Based on 232 customer reviews.
- Pros: sturdy, works great for toddlers, provides safer cooking.
- Cons: shield made of two parts, unstable, does not last long.
- Price: $39.50
15) Oven Front Lock
When blandishments don't work, the lock will help. If your kids are in the age of being interested in oven door opening, it's time to lock it. The oven front lock is designed to keep the door safely locked from kids but to be easily opened by adults. It is handy, small and easy to install oven acessory.
- Amazon rating: 3.0 out of 5 stars. Based on 706 customer reviews.
- Pros: sturdy, durable, adds security, protective, simple, no drilling is required, holds strong, inexpensive.
- Cons: weak adhesive tape.
- Price: $6.58
A baking rack is a special piece of equipment that can be used both for baking and cooking. It allows heat to circulate through the racks thus to bake cookies, cupcakes, chicken or bread evenly. A baking rack also saves time by cooking faster. For a baking fanatic, this oven accesory is a must-have device.
If you are looking for some oven accessories to improve your baking experience, you should definitely decide on a baking rack. It is a 2-in-1 device: first, you bake, and second, you cool the finished foods with no need to replace anything. A rack has legs to stand firmly on a table with enough space between the rack and table to let cool air flow beneath.
- Amazon rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars. Based on 560 customer reviews.
- Pros: sturdy, durable, multi-functional, stainless steel, convenient, dishwasher safe.
- Cons: No.
- Price: $16.99
Baking ginger cookies before Christmas in an exciting tradition but it takes much time. This 3-tier rack will help you save it! Now you can bake three times faster than before or three times more for the same period of time. This rack is stackable, so you can build your own baking complex to fit your oven size.
- Amazon rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars. Based on 1,185 customer reviews.
- Pros: stackable, sturdy, convenient, dishwasher safe, easy to assemble, compact, spacious.
- Cons: not stainless steel, get rust.
- Price: $8.04 each
Rejoice, pizza lovers! Now you have one of those oven accessories that will add to your pizza baking experience. This rack is a great device for cooling pizza without getting it wet underneath, as well as for baking it (in this case, you might need an oven liner or a baking mat).
- Amazon rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars. Based on 433 customer reviews.
- Pros: sturdy, well made, durable, multi-functional, convenient legs, dishwasher safe.
- Cons: get rust.
- Price: $4.80
Baked foods are often associated with pies, cookies or other sweet desserts. Sweet foods make only a small part of baking so you should not neglect bakeware because you are on a diet. In fact, when healthy diets are concerned, that is lowering fat composition, it is recommended to switch from fried to baked food. The bakeware listed below will help you change your lifestyle and improve your baking talents.
What is the crucial demand for a bakeware? Nothing should stick to it! How tiresome it can be to scrub off a burnt-on pie. You will never ever do that again if you buy a set of silicone baking mats. Though looking thin and flexible, they are damage-proof and lasting. Enjoy baking and let nothing else matters!
- Amazon rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars. Based on 42 customer reviews.
- Pros: baked cookies come up easily, easy to clean, dishwasher safe, great alternative to aluminum foils, easy to store.
- Cons: no.
- Price: $12.99
True fans of crusty pizza are likely to love this oven accessory! There are not other oven accessories to help you achieve crispy pizza crust but for a baking pizza stone. It is twice thicker that the majority available on the market, thus twice more efficient. It can also be used on a BBQ grill.
- Amazon rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars. Based on 104 customer reviews.
- Pros: perfect size and thickness, makes crispy crusts, easy to slide a pizza off, not too heavy.
- Cons: does not fit some ovens.
- Price: $44.40
One of the main advantages of this oven accessory is that the set consists of 10 various molds to make your every baking fantasy come true. Do you like a pie to be round, square or rectangular? Or would you like some cupcakes? In this set, you will find bakeware of different shapes with handy silicone grips. This set is an excellent idea for a present.
- Amazon rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars. Based on 120 customer reviews.
- Pros: you get everything in a single purchase, idea for a present, convenient silicone grips, durable, non-stick, carbon steel, nice color.
- Cons: scratches easily.
- Price: $80.99
Do you like shaped cakes? Here is a handy device that allows to bake any letter- or number-cake by simply setting the needed elements. It's like playing Lego but with the bakeware. With that, this set can be a nice push for your children to make them interested in baking. Or at least helping you in the kitchen.
- Amazon rating: 3.3 out of 5 stars. Based on 19 customer reviews.
- Pros: easy to clean, simple to use, nonstick, the letters and numbers look realistic, simple.
- Cons: no instructions included.
- Price: $27.79
Silicone is one the greatest discoveries of the 20th century. Another one is its wide application options in everyday life. A kitchen is a place where silicone items are numerous with this set of silicone baking molds being not an exception. It is a must-have for a cooker expert. The molds are of a perfect size and shape, durable and lasting.
- Amazon rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars. Based on 72 customer reviews.
- Pros: easy clean-up and usage, nonstick, simple, 10 pieces in a set, dishwasher safe, no strange smells.
- Cons: flimsy.
- Price: $32.99
With all foods baked and served, the only thing left is to clean the oven. This is the most tiresome part of baking. If you want to increase your oven performance, you should give it a good scrub from time to time. Thus, regular maintenance is vital for a longer lifespan. Here we have four useful tips to make your oven cleaning more effective:
- Lemon juice for steaming – Are you delaying that moment of cleaning when you need to scrub those stubborn stains off? You should literally sleep on it. But before you go to bed, take a heatproof bowl, pour some water inside and add some lemon juice. Let is steam for a whole night at a low temperature. Lemon will soften old stains and it will be easier to wipe them off.
- Soda & vinegar cleanser – Apart from being really effective, cleaning chemicals are harmful. If you are looking for a similarly effective way to clean grease stains, try creating your own soda and vinegar cleaner. Combine both ingredients in a bowl, stir and apply on the oven surface. Leave it for some time and wash it out.
- Vanilla Extract – Looking for ways to kill bad smells in your oven? Vanilla essence is an excellent refresher. Add some drops in a bowl of water and let it steam at a low temperature. You can substitute vanilla extract with orange or lemon essence.
- Clean regularly – Cleaning up stains helps prevent more stains. Even if you have a self-cleaning oven, it still requires tidying. To keep your oven in an excellent condition and improve its performance, experts suggest to clean it thoroughly at least once in a month. It is better to wipe spills every time after baking to prevent stains from growing.
Now that you know all about energy-saving techniques, the rich market of oven accessories, and efficient cleaning methods, it's time to bake something really delicious to impress your loved ones!